The Strand: it’s delightful
I felt compelled to write in and congratulate the authorities for the new Strand complex – it is delightful.
For what was once a dreary, run down, dirty part of the town, it is now fresh, tidy and open.
At the weekend, my family and I enjoyed several hours sitting on one of the new benches, enjoying the sunshine and blossoming trees.
There was a real sense of excitement and community spirit.
I am sure this new setting will thrive and be a welcoming centrepiece for visitors.
However, I am disappointed that a few short-sighted critics are trying to spoil this wonderful change with their negativity - shame on them!
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 3 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 4 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 5 'Residents will be unimpressed with MPs over Boris'
- 6 Budleigh prevail in terrific advert for Devon Football League
- 7 Lions president marks 100th volunteer shift as Covid jab centre steward
- 8 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 9 'Mud: Mucky, marvellous - but misunderstood'
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items