The story gets worse...
I?AM writing about the planned cement and metal building development in West Hill Lane, Budleigh Salterton, which you quoted me as saying was ugly and suitable for Blackpool or Gotham City.
I?AM writing about the planned cement and metal building development in West Hill Lane, Budleigh Salterton, which you quoted me as saying was ugly and suitable for Blackpool or Gotham City. I'm afraid the story gets worse.
There is now an additional proposal bolted onto the original plan, for a large decking area, over six foot high from the ground and not far short of the length of a cricket pitch. It overlooks the Green Wedge, Little Knowle and other houses in that area, as well as its neighbours.
This additional proposal was not in the site plan on the original application, and was sent by the developer to East Devon District Council after the end of the neighbour consultation period, ie June 12. It is still not on the website, after the general and final consultation period ended, so unless you go to EDDC offices you are unable to see it.
Surely, planning applications are supposed to be comprehensive and transparent so that the public can form a judgement based on full details? What can EDDC be thinking about?
You may also want to watch:
Professor R J Campbell,
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 6 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 7 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 8 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
- 9 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 10 Exmouth Property Of the Week - Victoria Road
West Hill Lane,