The story gets worse...
I?AM writing about the planned cement and metal building development in West Hill Lane, Budleigh Salterton, which you quoted me as saying was ugly and suitable for Blackpool or Gotham City.
I?AM writing about the planned cement and metal building development in West Hill Lane, Budleigh Salterton, which you quoted me as saying was ugly and suitable for Blackpool or Gotham City. I'm afraid the story gets worse.
There is now an additional proposal bolted onto the original plan, for a large decking area, over six foot high from the ground and not far short of the length of a cricket pitch. It overlooks the Green Wedge, Little Knowle and other houses in that area, as well as its neighbours.
This additional proposal was not in the site plan on the original application, and was sent by the developer to East Devon District Council after the end of the neighbour consultation period, ie June 12. It is still not on the website, after the general and final consultation period ended, so unless you go to EDDC offices you are unable to see it.
Surely, planning applications are supposed to be comprehensive and transparent so that the public can form a judgement based on full details? What can EDDC be thinking about?
You may also want to watch:
Professor R J Campbell,
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
West Hill Lane,