The story gets worse...
I?AM writing about the planned cement and metal building development in West Hill Lane, Budleigh Salterton, which you quoted me as saying was ugly and suitable for Blackpool or Gotham City.
I?AM writing about the planned cement and metal building development in West Hill Lane, Budleigh Salterton, which you quoted me as saying was ugly and suitable for Blackpool or Gotham City. I'm afraid the story gets worse.
There is now an additional proposal bolted onto the original plan, for a large decking area, over six foot high from the ground and not far short of the length of a cricket pitch. It overlooks the Green Wedge, Little Knowle and other houses in that area, as well as its neighbours.
This additional proposal was not in the site plan on the original application, and was sent by the developer to East Devon District Council after the end of the neighbour consultation period, ie June 12. It is still not on the website, after the general and final consultation period ended, so unless you go to EDDC offices you are unable to see it.
Surely, planning applications are supposed to be comprehensive and transparent so that the public can form a judgement based on full details? What can EDDC be thinking about?
You may also want to watch:
Professor R J Campbell,
- 1 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 2 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 3 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 4 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 5 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 6 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 7 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 8 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 9 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 10 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
West Hill Lane,