The search is on to find Devon's snow saviour
Has someone come to your rescue during the UK s big freeze? Maybe they helped shovel snow from your drive, gave you a push up a steep hill or simply shared a flask of tea in gridlocked traffic. Whatever the reason, leading tyre specialists Goodyear, want to hear from you.
Has someone come to your rescue during the UK's big freeze? Maybe they helped shovel snow from your drive, gave you a push up a steep hill or simply shared a flask of tea in gridlocked traffic. Whatever the reason, leading tyre specialists Goodyear, want to hear from you.
To acknowledge the best story of a saviour in these snowy conditions, a set of Goodyear cold weather tyres will be given to the winning 'snow angel' to reward them for their act of selflessness.
Providing better traction, grip and handling on the snow, the tyres offer excellent control in winter conditions. Making sure you get from A to B safely, the tyres have undergone stringent testing to ensure that they are the leading cold weather tyres on the market.
James Bailey, Corporate Communications Manager for Goodyear, said: "By going out of our way to help others in distress we are preventing winter driving from becoming a stressful experience. By sending in your stories, we want to acknowledge the spirit that exists within the driving community to ensure we are kept safe during these treacherous driving conditions."
You may also want to watch:
People are encouraged to send in their nominations via email@example.com or via 'I got stuck in the snow
2010' on Facebook. Closing date for entries is Friday 5th February 2010.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 8 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
For more information about Goodyear please visit www.eu.goodyear.com/uk