The right decision
regarding the Greenway Lane allotment site. It has taken some considerable time, but, at last, Budleigh Town Council (BTC) has come to the right decision, although Councillor Kitson still seems unable to understand local people.
The process continues now to East Devon District council where, I understand, the matter is up for debate on Tuesday, September 20, at 2pm. I believe that this is open to the public, so any local support would be a good thing.
I would like to thank members of BTC for their positive decisions. It is a shame that Mr Leigh Rix, Clinton Devon Estates’ Head of Land, feels astonished by the council’s U-turn. Maybe he should realise that this community does not want the allotment site developed.
There are too many vehicle movements here already, almost 100 per hour outside the football ground.
Think again, CDE.
You may also want to watch:
19 Armytage Road, Budleigh Salterton.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth