The EU is the single issue
RE: UKIP is a single issue party. There must be an election coming as David Owen has popped out o0f his box to launch his tired old attack on UKIP as a single issue party! Firstly, in the stunning result obtained by UKIP last June - second to the Tories a
RE: UKIP is a single issue party.
There must be an election coming as David Owen has popped out o0f his box to launch his tired old attack on UKIP as a single issue party!
Firstly, in the stunning result obtained by UKIP last June - second to the Tories and beating the other two main parties - UKIP graduated into being the only party telling the truth about the EU and its powers over what we once understood was a self-governing sovereign state, and which was accepted by a large proportion of the electorate.
Secondly, it is widely known - perhaps not to David Owen - that some 75 per cent of all our laws now come from the EU and are passed into UK law, with little or no scrutiny at Westminster.
You may also want to watch:
The only powers left to Westminster are what the Lib/Lab/Con trio called the "centre ground" of politics, and where they spend virtually all their efforts in pirouetting around, like angels on a pin.
Thirdly, the EU has powers, euphemistically called "competences", over almost everything else of any significance, but which are deliberately hidden from view by being implemented by compliant quangos.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
Take, for example, the vital planning controls, which cause so much controversy - the South West councils' unelected body has now assumed statutory planning powers from the discredited SWRA, which gave birth to the Regional Spatial Strategy. This commands Exmouth to build 2,500 dwellings over the next six years but ignores local issues such as school capacity, Rolle College closure and probable flooding risks.
Were the people of Exmouth "consulted" over this "strategy"? Silly question!
It stands to reason, therefore, that our real government is effectively situated not in Westminster, but in Brussels, and the EU is THE single issue which affects us all and to an almost total extent.
That's why, at this election, the electors who have been denied a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty by all three of the Lib/Lab/Con conspirators, will have possibly their last chance to correct that wrongdoing by voting UKIP.
Finally, David Owen has failed to issue his standard bet of �100 if UKIP gains even one seat at Westminster - has he lost his nerve at last??
Chairman, UKIP East Devon,