Blockheads rock Exmouth Festival
- Credit: Archant
The Blockheads hit Exmouth with their rhythm stick at this year’s Festival.
This year’s Exmouth Festival had a more settled feel as the event moved into its third year at the Imperial Rec’ ground, writes Paul Strange.
The afternoon started out fine, with warm sunshine bringing families out in good numbers.
Local songsmith Poppy Freya entertained with some soulful folk. Over at the big top, Circus Berzercus were on great form, romping through a hilarious set of comic blunders and juggling. Meanwhile Dirty Money slotted in a fine set of Americana.
Unfortunately the weather turned for the worst, a hail storm soaking the crowd.
You may also want to watch:
Those that braved it witnessed a remarkable set by this year’s headliner – the Blockheads. Ian Dury’s former backing band – with many original members – were on outstanding form. From the opening chords of ‘Wake Up And Make Love To Me’ to the emphatic ‘Blockheads’, they tore the place apart.
Thus ended a great day of fine music, terrific entertainment and crazy weather.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 5 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 6 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 7 Ban and fine for speeding
- 8 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 9 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 10 Season of change at Budleigh Salterton