Thanks for forces’ day support
REGARDING the Armed Forces Veterans Day in the Strand Gardens, Exmouth, on June 27.
REGARDING the Armed Forces Veterans' Day in the Strand Gardens, Exmouth, on June 27.
On behalf of the president, chairman, committee and members of the Exmouth Branch Royal Marines Association, we would like to thank the local community, visitors to Exmouth and the following organisations:
Visibility Team CTCRM, RNLI, RAFA, Exmouth Sea & Marine Cadets, RMVCC, 3rd Exmouth Scouts and Exmouth Buffaloes, as well as local businesses for their support for the first Armed Forces Veterans' Day.
This event was held within the Strand Gardens by kind permission of East Devon District Council and The Exmouth Town Council.
You may also want to watch:
The response from local businesses providing sponsorship, local discounts, assistance and the main raffle was tremendous. More than 60 prizes, plus a number of anonymous donations, were raffled on the day, either within the Strand Gardens or in other venues throughout the evening.
During the event, a number of Veterans' Badges were presented by: Mr Hugo Squire MP, Lt Col Nick Bruce-Jones Royal Marines, Commanding Officer, Commando Training Centre Royal Marines, Exmouth Town Mayor, Deputy Mayor and Town Clerk.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 3 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 4 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 8 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson
- 9 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 10 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
They went to: Mr J Rooke RM, Mr K Sidney RM, Mr J Musgrove RM, Mr H Courtier Army. Mr D Hilliar Army, Mr J Milner RM, Mr J Bishop RM, Mr D McNicol RM. Mr W Flatt RM, Mr F Wilkinson RM, Mr J Branton RM, Mr F Foot.
Unable to attend were: Mr M Mounsey RM, Mr A Rooke RM, Mr S Turnball, Mr J Hogan.
The presentation was followed by a buffet reception held within The Police Klub, organised by The Exmouth RMA and The Police Klub, and was sponsored by Mr Hugo Squire MP and RMA.
Celebrations continued into the evening within The Exmouth RAFA Club and Police Klub which had each organised a social evening.
All organisations, sponsors and committees are to be congratulated on their organisation and hard work to raise over �3,000. These funds will be placed into the RMA and Royal Marines' Family Funds to assist serving, retired and future members of the Royal Marines' Family. Other local charities have also benefited by your kind support and positive response.
Next year's plans have already been started and it is hoped many more organisations and businesses may wish to assist and maintain the awareness of our Armed Forces throughout the world.
The Exmouth Branch Royal Marines' Association again thank you, the people of Exmouth, and visitors to our town for your support.