Thank you for supporting run
The president and members of Exmouth Lions Club are delighted to confirm that, as a result of the Cadets Fun Run 4 Heroes in November, a cheque for �2,600 is being sent to the Help for Heroes (H4H) campaign.
The president and members of Exmouth Lions Club are delighted to confirm that, as a result of the Cadets Fun Run 4 Heroes in November, a cheque for �2,600 is being sent to the Help for Heroes (H4H) campaign. This magnificent figure, which far exceeded our expectations, was as a result of all four local cadet units combining their efforts in this noble cause. Once the Gift Aid factor has been recovered by H4H, the final figure could be somewhat higher.
Exmouth Lions would like to thank everyone for their help and support. This includes our local Bradleys, who printed certificates; Lionel Howell, who supplied some of the prizes; St John Ambulance, for their support 'just in case' on the day; members of the Devon and Dorset Regiment Association, who helped with marshalling and collecting, and Councillor Bernard Hughes OBE, who started the fun run, awarded the cups, and was so supportive throughout.
Thanks also for the initial guidance from the Town Clerk, John Wokersein; EDDC for permission to use Phear Park and ensuring there were no obstacles on the day, and not forgetting the coverage received from the local papers.
The big thank you - heartily endorsed by Councillor Hughes - has to go to all those eager young cadets who did the real work, and seem keen to repeat it next year. My personal thanks goes to the four unit commanders and their staff, who made it possible to turn an idea into reality.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, a special thank you to everyone who dug deep into their pockets to support our event - and ultimately our wounded servicemen and women - through these cadets.
Exmouth Lions Club wishes everyone seasonal greetings and thank you for your ongoing support at all our events.
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 3 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 4 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 5 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 6 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 7 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 8 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 9 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 10 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
for Exmouth Lions Club.