Tesco provides jobs for locals
I refer to Mr Philip Rainbird s letter on November 5, regarding the proposed facilities at the new Tesco Express in Rolle Street.
I refer to Mr Philip Rainbird's letter on November 5, regarding the proposed facilities at the new Tesco Express in Rolle Street.
I am amazed that a man who is clearly in the retail business, especially the convenience sector, would believe Tesco would implement such facilities into a small express store, where people are looking for a quick top up.
As I am sure most people are aware, these facilities are clearly only for their larger stores, a strategy on which Tesco is very clear.
It seems Mr Rainbird is perhaps unclear on the kind of proposition Tesco is offering the town of Exmouth, especially with his recent objections to the new store, and I refer him to the tesco.com website to perhaps understand the Tesco values and strategy.
You may also want to watch:
I, for one, am glad Tesco are here, providing us local Exmothians employment during these harsh economic times, as well as bringing new life to the formerly deserted section of our town. Thanks, Tesco!
Name and address withheld
- 1 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 2 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 3 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 4 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 5 Junior rugby returns after a year of frustration
- 6 Budleigh Music Festival announces return line-up
- 7 Former Exmouth and Budleigh officer nominated for lifetime achievement award
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 10 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café