Tesco provides jobs for locals
I refer to Mr Philip Rainbird s letter on November 5, regarding the proposed facilities at the new Tesco Express in Rolle Street.
I refer to Mr Philip Rainbird's letter on November 5, regarding the proposed facilities at the new Tesco Express in Rolle Street.
I am amazed that a man who is clearly in the retail business, especially the convenience sector, would believe Tesco would implement such facilities into a small express store, where people are looking for a quick top up.
As I am sure most people are aware, these facilities are clearly only for their larger stores, a strategy on which Tesco is very clear.
It seems Mr Rainbird is perhaps unclear on the kind of proposition Tesco is offering the town of Exmouth, especially with his recent objections to the new store, and I refer him to the tesco.com website to perhaps understand the Tesco values and strategy.
You may also want to watch:
I, for one, am glad Tesco are here, providing us local Exmothians employment during these harsh economic times, as well as bringing new life to the formerly deserted section of our town. Thanks, Tesco!
Name and address withheld
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 10 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards