Tesco Express has space for?
Will the new Tesco Express in Rolle Street prove to be Tesco s version of a Trojan horse? A recent article in The Grocer magazine revealed that, over the last few months, Tesco has been clearing the stock rooms of a large number of Tesco Express stores in
Will the new Tesco Express in Rolle Street prove to be Tesco's version of a Trojan horse?
A recent article in The Grocer magazine revealed that, over the last few months, Tesco has been clearing the stock rooms of a large number of Tesco Express stores in preparation to convert this space and any other available space into a Tesco bank and, in locations where there is adequate space, they will also introduce a Tesco opticians and a Tesco pharmacy.
The property in Rolle Street that Tesco has purchased has a total floor space of over 870 sq metres, 370 sq metres on the ground floor, 300 sq metres on the first floor and a further 200sq metres on the second floor.
Under the current Sunday trading law, for a store to open all day Sunday, as the Tesco Express will, it can be no larger than 280 sq metres, therefore there will be 90 sq metres of empty space on the ground floor and a massive 300 sq metres on the first floor, which will be more than enough space for Tesco to introduce a Tesco bank, a Tesco opticians and a Tesco pharmacy.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco has previously stated that the upper floors would be used for staff amenities, but then again they did previously state that opening a store in the town centre would not be viable for Tesco.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 9 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 10 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
45 Rolle Street,