Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- Credit: Devon and Cornwall Police
Police have confirmed that the body of a teenager was found at the base of the cliffs at Sandy Bay on Friday (April 16).
Emergency services were called at around 6.30pm following concerns for the welfare of a girl.
A body was found at the base of the cliffs.
A Devon and Cornwall Police spokesman said :"Police were called at around 6.10pm on Friday (April 16) to a report of concern for a female.
"Officers attended alongside other emergency services and the body of a 13-year-old girl, who was on holiday with her family from out of the force area, was discovered at the base of cliffs at Sandy Bay., Exmouth.
"Her next-of-kin have been informed. Her death is not being treated as suspicious. A file is being prepared for the coroner."
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 4 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 7 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 8 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands