Support our troops and buy a poppy
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy.
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy
Since 2001, over 220 members of the Armed Forces have been killed in Afghanistan, and more than 300 wounded in Helmand Province, alone.
And under the motto, "For their sake, wear a poppy", the Royal British Legion's 2009 Poppy Appeal in Devon will highlight the need for support for the wounded and bereaved of Afghanistan.
Peter D. Williams of Devon Royal British Legion said: "We will call upon the people of Exmouth to honour the fallen, and to care for the injured and their families, by wearing a Poppy.
You may also want to watch:
"The funds raised through our annual Poppy Appeal help provide emotional and financial support for those Servicemen, and their families, who are trying to rebuild their lives.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 5 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange