Support our troops and buy a poppy
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy.
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy
Since 2001, over 220 members of the Armed Forces have been killed in Afghanistan, and more than 300 wounded in Helmand Province, alone.
And under the motto, "For their sake, wear a poppy", the Royal British Legion's 2009 Poppy Appeal in Devon will highlight the need for support for the wounded and bereaved of Afghanistan.
Peter D. Williams of Devon Royal British Legion said: "We will call upon the people of Exmouth to honour the fallen, and to care for the injured and their families, by wearing a Poppy.
You may also want to watch:
"The funds raised through our annual Poppy Appeal help provide emotional and financial support for those Servicemen, and their families, who are trying to rebuild their lives.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 3 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 6 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
- 7 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 8 Rail users can enjoy 'moor' views as Dartmoor Line reopens after 50 years
- 9 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 10 New live music festival is coming to Exmouth next year