Support our troops and buy a poppy
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy.
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy
Since 2001, over 220 members of the Armed Forces have been killed in Afghanistan, and more than 300 wounded in Helmand Province, alone.
And under the motto, "For their sake, wear a poppy", the Royal British Legion's 2009 Poppy Appeal in Devon will highlight the need for support for the wounded and bereaved of Afghanistan.
Peter D. Williams of Devon Royal British Legion said: "We will call upon the people of Exmouth to honour the fallen, and to care for the injured and their families, by wearing a Poppy.
You may also want to watch:
"The funds raised through our annual Poppy Appeal help provide emotional and financial support for those Servicemen, and their families, who are trying to rebuild their lives.
- 1 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 2 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 3 Exmouth social group Friends UK set to resume meet ups
- 4 Candidates ready for elections in Exmouth and Budleigh Coastal ward
- 5 Promising signs for Town’s young footballers
- 6 Sand movement forces change of launch location for Exmouth lifeboat
- 7 Mixed views on future development in East Devon
- 8 Exmouth’s final goodbye to ‘RNLI stalwart’ Tim Mock
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Brixington Blues keep marching on