Support our troops and buy a poppy
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy.
DEVON Royal British Legion is appealing for Exmouth residents to show their support for our armed forces and buy a poppy
Since 2001, over 220 members of the Armed Forces have been killed in Afghanistan, and more than 300 wounded in Helmand Province, alone.
And under the motto, "For their sake, wear a poppy", the Royal British Legion's 2009 Poppy Appeal in Devon will highlight the need for support for the wounded and bereaved of Afghanistan.
Peter D. Williams of Devon Royal British Legion said: "We will call upon the people of Exmouth to honour the fallen, and to care for the injured and their families, by wearing a Poppy.
"The funds raised through our annual Poppy Appeal help provide emotional and financial support for those Servicemen, and their families, who are trying to rebuild their lives.
- 1 Flats plan above town Tesco store
- 2 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 3 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 4 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 5 Volunteers help build new shed for Mill Water School
- 6 Solomon goes to great lengths to help local food bank
- 7 Exciting Competition Day at the Budleigh Bowls Club
- 8 Citizens Advice: how to read your gas or electricity meter
- 9 Exmouth history: Iron Age and Celtic settlements
- 10 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown