Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- Credit: John Sumner
The sun is just rising on a scenic photography competition with entries already coming in.
In last week’s Journal, Laura Woodward-Dtake – chairman of Exmouth Chamber of Commerce – announced the launch of the Exmouth and Budleigh Sunrise & Sunset Competition 2021.
Just a week in, a number of stunning sunrise and sunset views have been captured.
The idea is the brainchild of Mark McGlade, managing director of Home Instead, based in Budleigh Salterton, who raised the suggestion at an Exmouth Chamber of Commerce virtual ‘Breakfast in the Cloud’.
The Exmouth chamber has teamed up with Budleigh Salterton’s Chamber of Commerce for the competition.
The winner will receive £75 to be spent in any local business of their choice and Budleigh chamber chairman Helen Warren said any winning entries will be included in a future Budleigh calendar on the new Tourist Information Centre website.
To enter, take a picture and send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 3.
- 1 'I strongly believe there is an argument for opening restaurants now'
- 2 Dog walkers urged to follow Four Paws Code
- 3 D-day looms for Beautiful Days festival
- 4 Mayor’s ‘life in lockdown’ art competition launched
- 5 High tech skills training at former Flybe centre shows how Devon is preparing for life after the pandemic
- 6 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 7 The radio is off but it's still important to support local bands
- 8 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 9 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 10 Prada Cup disappointment for Exmouth sailor
Ppeople can also use the hashtag #ExmouthSunComp2021 or #BudleighSunComp2021 when posting so we can re-share your photos too.