Successful Topsham flower festival
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret s in Topsham last weekend. The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18. Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Marg
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret's in Topsham last weekend.
The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18.
Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Margaret's, said: "The festival attracted a lot of people.
"The flowers were absolutely amazing. It certainly gave people inspiration for their own gardens upon seeing the display."
You may also want to watch:
Sue Marshall, organiser of the event, said: "The festival had a theme of nursery rhymes.
We had 35 displays of rhymes which people put artefacts with.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 7 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 8 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 9 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
"There were so many flowers - it was beautiful to see. A lot of the people who do the displays are not flower-arrangers but who just like to take part.
"The church smelt lovely."
"There was no entrance fee but people were asked to give donations and the money, this year, will be split between the church fund and the Matthews Hall modernisation project.