Successful Topsham flower festival
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret s in Topsham last weekend. The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18. Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Marg
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret's in Topsham last weekend.
The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18.
Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Margaret's, said: "The festival attracted a lot of people.
"The flowers were absolutely amazing. It certainly gave people inspiration for their own gardens upon seeing the display."
You may also want to watch:
Sue Marshall, organiser of the event, said: "The festival had a theme of nursery rhymes.
We had 35 displays of rhymes which people put artefacts with.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
"There were so many flowers - it was beautiful to see. A lot of the people who do the displays are not flower-arrangers but who just like to take part.
"The church smelt lovely."
"There was no entrance fee but people were asked to give donations and the money, this year, will be split between the church fund and the Matthews Hall modernisation project.