Successful Topsham flower festival
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret s in Topsham last weekend. The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18. Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Marg
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret's in Topsham last weekend.
The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18.
Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Margaret's, said: "The festival attracted a lot of people.
"The flowers were absolutely amazing. It certainly gave people inspiration for their own gardens upon seeing the display."
You may also want to watch:
Sue Marshall, organiser of the event, said: "The festival had a theme of nursery rhymes.
We had 35 displays of rhymes which people put artefacts with.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 6 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
"There were so many flowers - it was beautiful to see. A lot of the people who do the displays are not flower-arrangers but who just like to take part.
"The church smelt lovely."
"There was no entrance fee but people were asked to give donations and the money, this year, will be split between the church fund and the Matthews Hall modernisation project.