Successful Topsham flower festival
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret s in Topsham last weekend. The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18. Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Marg
CHURCHGOERS were greeted by a sea of colour when they visited St Margaret's in Topsham last weekend.
The church, on Fore Street, held a flower festival which took place between last Thursday and Saturday, July 18.
Margaret Tarpey, a secretary for St Margaret's, said: "The festival attracted a lot of people.
"The flowers were absolutely amazing. It certainly gave people inspiration for their own gardens upon seeing the display."
You may also want to watch:
Sue Marshall, organiser of the event, said: "The festival had a theme of nursery rhymes.
We had 35 displays of rhymes which people put artefacts with.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 3 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 4 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
"There were so many flowers - it was beautiful to see. A lot of the people who do the displays are not flower-arrangers but who just like to take part.
"The church smelt lovely."
"There was no entrance fee but people were asked to give donations and the money, this year, will be split between the church fund and the Matthews Hall modernisation project.