Successful Budleigh event raises money for the RNLI
CHRISTMAS arrived early for members of the Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton Lifeboat Guild last week.
Its members got into the festive spirit for a season of goodwill-themed coffee morning at the Public Hall in Budleigh on Saturday, November 27.
David Jackson, the event coordinator, said the day was a huge success. He added: “We managed to raise �841.22 which will go to the RNLI funds.
“It was on of our best results for many years and that is testament to the generosity of the people of Budleigh Salterton who braved the bitterly cold conditions to come along.
“People loved it when they were inside the Public Hall because it was nice and snug. The whole day went extreamly well.”
You may also want to watch:
There were a number of stalls available for people to browse around and a raffle was held.
The event was sponsored by Palmers, Whitton and Laing
- 1 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 2 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 3 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 4 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 5 Voluntary sector shows again how it responds quickly
- 6 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 7 Property of the Week: Fortfield Terrace, Sidmouth
- 8 Withies pick up their first away win of the season in Cornwall
- 9 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter