Striding out at midnight
MORE than 1,000 women are gearing up to stride out for Hospiscare, when they take part in next month s Budleigh Salterton to Exmouth women s midnight walk on June 13.
MORE than 1,000 women are gearing up to stride out for Hospiscare, when they take part in next month's Budleigh Salterton to Exmouth women's midnight walk on June 13.
This year, 1,200 women have signed up to take part in the seven-mile walk - double the number who took part in last year's event.
The event coincides with Hospiscare week, June 6-13, where the charity aims to raise �3.5 million to support people with a terminal illness.
Hospiscare spokeswoman Alison Palfrey said: "Every day, we care for hundreds of local people and their families, free of charge. Our 30 community nurses visit patients at home and give them invaluable care and support, in their own homes, when they need it most.
You may also want to watch:
"As well as the community support, we provide the in-patient hospice care for patients who need 24-hour medical support, whether it be pain relief, symptom control or nursing care during their last days."
l A Hospiscare Week fundraising pack and further information is available at www.hospiscare.co.uk or on (01392) 688020.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 3 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 4 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 5 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 6 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues
- 7 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 8 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 9 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 10 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles