Striding out at midnight
MORE than 1,000 women are gearing up to stride out for Hospiscare, when they take part in next month s Budleigh Salterton to Exmouth women s midnight walk on June 13.
MORE than 1,000 women are gearing up to stride out for Hospiscare, when they take part in next month's Budleigh Salterton to Exmouth women's midnight walk on June 13.
This year, 1,200 women have signed up to take part in the seven-mile walk - double the number who took part in last year's event.
The event coincides with Hospiscare week, June 6-13, where the charity aims to raise �3.5 million to support people with a terminal illness.
Hospiscare spokeswoman Alison Palfrey said: "Every day, we care for hundreds of local people and their families, free of charge. Our 30 community nurses visit patients at home and give them invaluable care and support, in their own homes, when they need it most.
You may also want to watch:
"As well as the community support, we provide the in-patient hospice care for patients who need 24-hour medical support, whether it be pain relief, symptom control or nursing care during their last days."
l A Hospiscare Week fundraising pack and further information is available at www.hospiscare.co.uk or on (01392) 688020.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 4 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 5 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 6 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 7 Sea shantys sound romantic, but are accounts of life on the waves
- 8 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 9 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 10 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’