Strand traffic changed
MAJOR changes to the road layout in Exmouth Strand took effect this week.
The final road layout of the scheme is being introduced, so work can start in the central garden area of The Strand and to construct the new raised crossing points in Rolle Street.
This will involve the West and East sides of The Strand being closed to traffic and the short section of Rolle Street, from Market Street to Imperial Road, will be made two-way.
Delivery vehicles will still have access for loading on the West side of The Strand on the new service road between the hours of 5pm and 9am which is accessible from the Southern end of The Strand.
The Southern end of The Strand will also be closed to vehicles from St Andrew’s Road.
You may also want to watch:
“In future access will only be via Victoria Road.
Mayor and East Devon District Council’s Exmouth Champion Darryl Nicholas said: “The next phase, which is about to start, will see the appearance of the area improving fairly quickly and I’m sure the final product will be well worth all the disruption. I’d just ask people using the town centre to be patient while we all get used to the new traffic flows.”
- 1 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 2 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 3 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 4 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 5 Sound move to join singing group
- 6 Exmouth 2nds return to action with a win
- 7 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter
- 10 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition