Story day held in Budleigh to raise awareness of school library funding campaign
- Credit: Archant
A story-telling event has been held at St Peter’s Primary School to raise awareness for a campaign to fund a new library.
The school, in Moor Lane, Budleigh Salterton, is trying to raise £55,000 to build its own on-site library in building previous used by Carousel Childcare.
Children brought in sacks full of books and props to share with their friends. Teachers read their favourite stories and Budleigh author Jed Falby gave a talk to key stage two children.
The school is also holding an art sale on Thursday, July 6, to raise funds for the campaign.
The work of internationally-renowned artist Patrick Jones will be exhibited at an event and the school is inviting offers on three of his prints.
You may also want to watch:
Patrick will be at the exhibition, which runs from 7pm to 9pm, to present the prints. The school will also be exhibiting some of the childrens’ work, inspired by Patrick’s work.
For more information on the campaign go to www.st-peters-school.org.uk
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 3 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 6 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 7 The sun shines on East Devon knockout finals
- 8 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 9 East Devon cracker to start the Peninsula season
- 10 Rotarians busy making plans for Queen's jubilee