Stolen boat equipment prompts Exmouth police appeal
Exmouth police are appealing for witnesses who saw the culprit who stole a boat’s outboard while the vessel was parked on a busy road.
Officers said the grey 40 horsepower Mariner engine was stolen from a boat overnight between August 3 and 6, while the vessel was parked in Gulliford Nurseries on the main A376 Exmouth road.
The boat’s throttle and controller was also taken, police said.
Police community support officer Sarah Trayhurn said: “Police are appealing for anybody who may have witnessed this theft.
“The A376 is a very busy road and the boat was clearly visible to all passing traffic.”
You may also want to watch:
Contact Exmouth police on 08452 777444, with information, quoting crime reference KE/11/2122.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon