Steve’s messages an inspiration
I have read the report in the Journal of August 26 headed “Sweep’s brush-off.”
Here is a lady, who refuses to be named, maligning the efforts made (in his own time) of Steve Fox, a district council roadsweeper leaving inspirational messages in the sand at Orcombe Point.
Why does this lady want to remain anonymous and why does she liken Steve’s efforts to “graffiti”?
I recently read this quote made by Dr Martin Luther King Junior.
‘If a man is called to be a streetsweeper he should sweep streets as Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven will pause and say, ‘Here lives a great street sweeper who does his job well’.”
You may also want to watch:
Just look at all the graffiti around Exmouth, done covertly. The comparison made by this anonymous person to what Steve is doing is nothing less than an insult.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 8 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon