Steve’s messages an inspiration
I have read the report in the Journal of August 26 headed “Sweep’s brush-off.”
Here is a lady, who refuses to be named, maligning the efforts made (in his own time) of Steve Fox, a district council roadsweeper leaving inspirational messages in the sand at Orcombe Point.
Why does this lady want to remain anonymous and why does she liken Steve’s efforts to “graffiti”?
I recently read this quote made by Dr Martin Luther King Junior.
‘If a man is called to be a streetsweeper he should sweep streets as Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven will pause and say, ‘Here lives a great street sweeper who does his job well’.”
Just look at all the graffiti around Exmouth, done covertly. The comparison made by this anonymous person to what Steve is doing is nothing less than an insult.
- 1 Rolling out the 'big tent' to help East Devon
- 2 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 3 'I am pro-vaccine, but I am also pro-choice'
- 4 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 5 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 6 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 7 Withycombe ladies shine in six-try stunner
- 8 A pace for everyone with the Budleigh Runners
- 9 Free water dispensers set up in Exmouth to cut plastic waste
- 10 Six-goal classic for East Budleigh and Topsham