Danny ‘overwhelmed’ when Sporty Stars won Exmouth Business Award
- Credit: Archant
The winner of last year’s Exmouth business award for Best Tourism Or Leisure experience of 2018 has called it ‘overwhelming’.
Danny Lewis, of Sporty Stars, has been speaking to the Journal ahead of this year’s awards being held in May.
Last year, his company walked away with the best tourism/leisure experience award.
He said: “It was extremely overwhelming to win this award.
“People of Exmouth have always been so supportive of our business, which we are very grateful for.
You may also want to watch:
“Coming out on top over the other businesses in our category was a credit to our staff for all their hard work and dedication in delivering parties, holiday camps and various other activities and services.”
Nominations for this year’s awards are open and people have until 6pm on Friday, April 19, to put a business forward via www.exmouthchamber.co.uk. The awards ceremony will take place at Woodbury Park on May 17.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 6 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 9 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter