Sporty people descend on Exmouth leisure centres
SCORES of active people from Exmouth descended on the town s leisure complexes to use sports facilities free of charge. People of all ages took part in a number of taster and demonstrations held at Exmouth Swimming and Leisure Centre and the tennis and le
SCORES of active people from Exmouth descended on the town's leisure complexes to use sports facilities free of charge.
People of all ages took part in a number of taster and demonstrations held at Exmouth Swimming and Leisure Centre and the tennis and leisure centre last weekend.
The open days were put together by Leisure East Devon, the trust which manages sports facilities in the district.
David Pagett, the chief executive of LED, said: "We were delighted with the number of new faces we saw in our centres.
"The feedback we've had has certainly indicated that everyone enjoyed themselves and we hope that people of all ages who came along found a fitness activity or sport that they enjoy and would like to continue."
Activities on offer included swimming, tennis, football, martial arts, squash, dance, gym tours and aerobics classes.
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 4 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 5 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 10 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
Leisure East Devon is a charitable trust that operates leisure centres, parks and the Exmouth Pavilion. It employs more than 300 staff at 13 facilities.