Sporty people descend on Exmouth leisure centres
SCORES of active people from Exmouth descended on the town s leisure complexes to use sports facilities free of charge. People of all ages took part in a number of taster and demonstrations held at Exmouth Swimming and Leisure Centre and the tennis and le
SCORES of active people from Exmouth descended on the town's leisure complexes to use sports facilities free of charge.
People of all ages took part in a number of taster and demonstrations held at Exmouth Swimming and Leisure Centre and the tennis and leisure centre last weekend.
The open days were put together by Leisure East Devon, the trust which manages sports facilities in the district.
David Pagett, the chief executive of LED, said: "We were delighted with the number of new faces we saw in our centres.
You may also want to watch:
"The feedback we've had has certainly indicated that everyone enjoyed themselves and we hope that people of all ages who came along found a fitness activity or sport that they enjoy and would like to continue."
Activities on offer included swimming, tennis, football, martial arts, squash, dance, gym tours and aerobics classes.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
Leisure East Devon is a charitable trust that operates leisure centres, parks and the Exmouth Pavilion. It employs more than 300 staff at 13 facilities.