Exmouth bowls club gets five month rent funding from Sport England grant boost
- Credit: PA
A £1,667 grant from Sport England will help an Exmouth sports club pay its rent for the next five months.
Madeira Bowls Club has been awarded the money as part of the public body’s community emergency fund.
The club has recently begun a new lease agreement for its Queen’s Drive home and this grant will pay for five months’ rent to East Devon District Council.
The fund was set up to help sports clubs experiencing financial difficulty during the coronavirus crisis.
Madeira Bowls Club has recommenced singles fixtures and hopes to restart pairs soon.
You may also want to watch:
The following sports clubs in Exmouth and Budleigh Salterton have also benefited from the Sport England fund.
Exmouth Tigers Disability Football Club - £2,000
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 3 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 10 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
Withycombe Rugby Football Club £6,000
Budleigh Salterton Cricket Club £1,000
Several sports clubs across East Devon have also secured funding which will help them survive the Covid-19 pandemic.