Sponsorship boost for charity swim
The future of the annual Topsham to Turf charity swim is looking brighter than ever after the event secured new sponsorship.
The 1.5 mile swim, which has been run every year since 2005, is held to raise money for Topsham charity the Estuary League of Friends.
Now solicitors Michelmores have agreed to sponsor the event, and also to take on its management, providing charity staff with much-needed help.
The charity’s chief executive, Rachel Gilpin, said: “We are very grateful to Michelmores for taking on the administrative work involved in staging this event.
“It lifts a huge burden and frees our volunteers to concentrate on providing our services to the community and other fund-raising initiatives.
You may also want to watch:
Michelmores’ marketing director Louise Edwards said: “We are delighted to support a very valuable local charity. We have a great deal of experience in organising events, including our own annual charity run and our corporate yacht race which has now been going for over 20 years.
“In addition to the administrative support, Michelmores will be supplying stewards for next year’s events and have a number of people who will be taking part in the swim.”
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 9 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
Next year’s swim is expected to again take place in August.