South West in bloom: finishing touches
EXMOUTH and Littleham in Bloom s award-winning volunteers have been working hard preparing for their entry in this year s competition - and are looking for help to help apply the finishing touches.
EXMOUTH and Littleham in Bloom's award-winning volunteers have been working hard preparing for their entry in this year's competition - and are looking for help to help apply the finishing touches.
Together with Street Scene from East Devon District Council volunteers in Littleham and Exmouth have been putting the finishing floral touches ahead of the this year's annual South West in Bloom Competition.
The Littleham group achieved a Silver Gilt in 2008, are organising a pre-tidy up throughout the village this Sunday July 12, from 10.30am.
While the volunteers of Exmouth in Bloom, with the team from Street Scene, have also been hard at it preparing the town in readiness for judging.
You may also want to watch:
Exmouth achieved star status last year not only winning the Large Town's Class in the Regional Competition but it also went on to win the Britain in Bloom National award for Large Seaside Towns and is certainly hoping to win some silverware again this year.
The Exmouth group will be meeting for a pre-judging tidy up on Sunday July 19 starting at 08.30am from the Town Council Offices and working their way along the route through the town centre.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
Littleham in Bloom spokesman Jill Gegg said: "Anyone wishing to help should bring suitable tools and meet at the entrance to St. Margaret's View."
And Pat Graham Chairman of Exmouth in Bloom said: "We would be delighted for any additional volunteers to come and long help.