Snow to return in East Devon
SEE VIDEO: A COLD snap is expected to return across parts of East Devon – just two weeks after heavy snow caused disruption to motorists across the district.
The Met Office has forecast a drop in temperature and snow to fall in the area later today, January 3.
It follows a prolonged spell of severe wintry weather across East Devon since late November.
Up to 15cm of snow was reported in many parts of the district in the lead-up to Christmas.
The chaos not only presented problems to people on their way to work but to those who had planned to travel away for the festive season.
You may also want to watch:
The latest weather forecast, combined with snowfall problems before Christmas, has prompted local authorities to launch severe weather plans to prevent a repeat of problems experienced on the district’s roads.
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common