Small fire in Exmouth hotel prompts callout

PUBLISHED: 07:21 18 October 2017 | UPDATED: 07:21 18 October 2017

Archant

Fire fighters were called out to an Exmouth hotel after an electrical socket started smoking in the early hours this morning (Wednesday).

Two appliances from the town and a third from Budleigh Salterton were dispatched to the Grand Hotel in Morton Crescent at 2.32am, but the latter was stood down shortly after it arrived.

Crews established that there had been a small fire involving the electrical socket to the towel rail in a first-floor bedroom but it was out by time they got there.

They isolated the electrics and used a thermal imaging camera.

The cause of the fire was judged to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal