Skippers donate cash
A FISHERMAN s association with members from Exmouth has donated �500 to charity.
A FISHERMAN's association with members from Exmouth has donated �500 to charity.
The Charter Skippers Association, an entity which is responsible for taking people out fishing, has given the money to the Mission to Seamen.
Keith Graham, Exmouth's harbourmaster, said: "We have just had a meeting and found there was �500 in our kitty which was there to be used for a legal purpose should it ever need to be used.
"We never use it, so rather than keep it in the bank doing nothing, we decided to give it to the Mission to Seamen charity."
You may also want to watch:
The association's money is collected from subs' fees.
Keith, who has worked as harbourmaster for 16 years, said that, if the money built up again, they would once again donate the money to good causes.
- 1 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 4 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 5 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 6 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 7 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 8 Darcey makes ballerina's day
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League Results
- 10 Tough day at the office for the Withies
He added: "We used to have dinners and go to the Manor Hotel.
"If we didn't get up to the right amount we would use this money but we don't have these kind of things anymore so it was thought 'why not use it for a worthwhile cause?'