I was most surprised to see the glass monstrosity, shown in your paper, for The Strand.
Why so high? Why glass? My grandson could have done a better job and he is into computers.
I would not wish to sit in a space wide open to the world to have a meal. Would our visitors?
A simple building covered in synthetic thatch would have been more in line with existing buildings, or do “the authorities” intend to knock these down and replace them with concrete versions?
How about sacking the architect and starting again?
You may also want to watch:
Name and address supplied
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Delay to train travel this weekend
- 8 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna