Silly hat day at Exmouth school
CHILDREN from an Exmouth school dressed in silly hats to raise money for a hospital fund. Pupils at St Joseph s School, on Long Causeway, took part in a silly hat day last Friday in aid of the Paediatric Oncology Fund at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospita
CHILDREN from an Exmouth school dressed in silly hats to raise money for a hospital fund.
Pupils at St Joseph's School, on Long Causeway, took part in a silly hat day last Friday in aid of the Paediatric Oncology Fund at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital's Bramble Children's Ward.
The event was organised by class one and its parents. More than �300 was raised.
One of the children from the class is being treated for leukaemia and attends the Bramble Ward.
You may also want to watch:
The paediatric oncology department cares for children and young people with the condition.
Parent Emma Richardson will be running the Adidas 5km women's challenge in Hyde Park in September for the same charity.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon
If you would like to sponsor Emma or make a contribution to class one's ongoing fundraising efforts, email: email@example.com