Sidmouth assault victim is local woman
THE victim of an alleged assault at Sidmouth in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) was a local woman and nothing to do with the influx of visitors in the town for this year s FolkWeek.
THE victim of an alleged assault at Sidmouth in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) was a local woman and nothing to do with the influx of visitors in the town for this year's FolkWeek.
The woman, aged 20, was taken to hospital after being found in Church Lane.
Police Inspector Antonia Weeks, who is based in Honiton and oversees rural East Devon, including Sidmouth, said: "It is still quite early in the investigations.
"The young woman is shaken up but not hospitalised. She is from the Sidmouth area."
You may also want to watch:
She appealed for witnesses, who may have seen a disturbance in the town centre area at around 4.30-5.30am to come forward.
You can contact police on (08452) 777 444 or Crimestoppers on (0800) 555 111.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 6 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock