Sidmouth assault victim is local woman
THE victim of an alleged assault at Sidmouth in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) was a local woman and nothing to do with the influx of visitors in the town for this year s FolkWeek.
THE victim of an alleged assault at Sidmouth in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) was a local woman and nothing to do with the influx of visitors in the town for this year's FolkWeek.
The woman, aged 20, was taken to hospital after being found in Church Lane.
Police Inspector Antonia Weeks, who is based in Honiton and oversees rural East Devon, including Sidmouth, said: "It is still quite early in the investigations.
"The young woman is shaken up but not hospitalised. She is from the Sidmouth area."
You may also want to watch:
She appealed for witnesses, who may have seen a disturbance in the town centre area at around 4.30-5.30am to come forward.
You can contact police on (08452) 777 444 or Crimestoppers on (0800) 555 111.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 6 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 9 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 10 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis