Sidmouth assault victim is local woman
THE victim of an alleged assault at Sidmouth in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) was a local woman and nothing to do with the influx of visitors in the town for this year s FolkWeek.
THE victim of an alleged assault at Sidmouth in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday) was a local woman and nothing to do with the influx of visitors in the town for this year's FolkWeek.
The woman, aged 20, was taken to hospital after being found in Church Lane.
Police Inspector Antonia Weeks, who is based in Honiton and oversees rural East Devon, including Sidmouth, said: "It is still quite early in the investigations.
"The young woman is shaken up but not hospitalised. She is from the Sidmouth area."
You may also want to watch:
She appealed for witnesses, who may have seen a disturbance in the town centre area at around 4.30-5.30am to come forward.
You can contact police on (08452) 777 444 or Crimestoppers on (0800) 555 111.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 5 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh