Show to fund Topsham pantomime
Topsham Amateur Dramatic Society has revealed details of its latest show, which it hopes will fund the return of a Topsham tradition.
The group will be performing a musical production called In The Mood, featuring songs from the 20s, 30s and 40s, at the Globe Malthouse on September 22, 23 and 24.
The group is then hoping to use the ticket sales from the show to fund its annual pantomime, which will return in December, after being cancelled last year in a dispute over the use of Matthews Hall.
TADS member, Marlene Gardner, is looking forward to the pantomime’s return after last year’s disappointment, which she says has been forgotten, as the return of a Topsham institution.
“I’ve been involved in the pantomime since 1970, and we’ve had some wonderful times over the years with all the laughter in the hall.
“It’s very much a Topsham community effort and always has been – except it’s the children of the children of the people we had when we started, who are with us now.”
The group is currently as large as it’s ever been, with around 40 members, and is still looking for new recruits.
- 1 Met Office weather warning for wind in East Devon
- 2 Dramatic rock fall at Budleigh beach prompts warnings of further collapses
- 3 Santa's sleigh and Family Fun Run: Exmouth Rotary announces Christmas events
- 4 Chiefs' rebranding dignifies the club and city
- 5 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 6 It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas as lights are on in Exmouth
- 7 Awesome Aaron earns Exmouth win with a worldie
- 8 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Show of kindness helps keep people from going hungry this Christmas
Marlene said: “Anyone interested in joining, in a choral capacity, would be very welcome.
“There are a couple of parts we need to cast for our next musical as well, so any singers who would like to join us for that would be very welcome also.”
Tickets for In The Mood cost �6, and are available from Aunty Julie’s Sweet Shop.