Show bus link ends too early
As a great theatre lover and former thespian myself, I could not believe my eyes when I read details of their programme this summer.
As a great theatre lover and former thespian myself, I could not believe my eyes when I read details of their programme this summer. The choice of wonderful comedy or thriller plays is surely second to none. But that very fact made me extra sad because, by public transport, the last bus from Sidmouth back to Exmouth is 19.10 - how pathetic and unhelpful.
Alas, neither Charles nor Imogen Vance hold any sway over transport from Sidmouth. I tried Stagecoach who swiftly said they could not afford even one bus at about 22.30, but that I should try to persuade the council to cough up! I tried them and their answer was, inevitably, negative.
It is such a shame that neither Exmouth nor Exeter really boast a full- time legitimate theatre. For the West Country, visiting impressarios have to try out their plays at Torquay or Plymouth before the West End hopefully. (I am not, of course, forgetting our dear little Blackmore theatre!)
Back to the Manor Pavilion, Sidmouth, and I was able to see their splendid Boeing-Boeing and my parish have arranged an outing to Unexpected Guest in August. But my top preference is for that clever, suspenseful playwrite Francis Durbridge and his House Guest, also in August. If any kind soul can charge me a lift to see that, I should be so grateful - telephone (01395) 272020.
222 Withycombe Village Road,
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 3 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 4 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 5 New name and fresh look for Exmouth Museum
- 6 Have your say on business development plans near airport
- 7 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 8 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 9 First hybrid meeting for Exmouth’s U3A branch
- 10 Police appeal for gun owners to hand them in during firearms amnesty