Show bus link ends too early
As a great theatre lover and former thespian myself, I could not believe my eyes when I read details of their programme this summer.
As a great theatre lover and former thespian myself, I could not believe my eyes when I read details of their programme this summer. The choice of wonderful comedy or thriller plays is surely second to none. But that very fact made me extra sad because, by public transport, the last bus from Sidmouth back to Exmouth is 19.10 - how pathetic and unhelpful.
Alas, neither Charles nor Imogen Vance hold any sway over transport from Sidmouth. I tried Stagecoach who swiftly said they could not afford even one bus at about 22.30, but that I should try to persuade the council to cough up! I tried them and their answer was, inevitably, negative.
It is such a shame that neither Exmouth nor Exeter really boast a full- time legitimate theatre. For the West Country, visiting impressarios have to try out their plays at Torquay or Plymouth before the West End hopefully. (I am not, of course, forgetting our dear little Blackmore theatre!)
Back to the Manor Pavilion, Sidmouth, and I was able to see their splendid Boeing-Boeing and my parish have arranged an outing to Unexpected Guest in August. But my top preference is for that clever, suspenseful playwrite Francis Durbridge and his House Guest, also in August. If any kind soul can charge me a lift to see that, I should be so grateful - telephone (01395) 272020.
You may also want to watch:
222 Withycombe Village Road,
- 1 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 4 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 8 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 9 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year