Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- Credit: Google
Exmouth shoppers will be able to boost three life-changing charities that have been heavily impacted by Covid-19.
Tesco stores across Exmouth are supporting the Tesco Health Charity Partnership’s appeal to raise money for Cancer Research UK, the British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK from February 26 to 28.
Tesco customers can make a donation by rounding up their shop in store to the nearest £1 at self-service checkouts. All funds raised will go directly to the three charities.
Due to the pandemic, each charity has already seen its income reduced drastically due to the cancellation of fundraising events and temporary closure of shops.
Oonagh Turnbull, Head of Health Campaigns at Tesco, said: “Our customers have always been so generous in helping us support such good causes, and there’s never been a more important time as now to give a little help to power the life-changing work of Cancer Research UK, the British Heart Foundation and Diabetes UK.”
Kath Abrahams (Diabetes UK), Caro Evans (Cancer Research UK) and Claire Sadler (the British Heart Foundation), Directors of the three charities, said: “For everyone living with, or at risk of cancer, heart and circulatory diseases and diabetes, the last year has been especially frightening and difficult, with many at an increased risk of serious complications as a result of Covid-19.
“The work our charities do, the research we fund, and the support we provide to millions of people is needed now more than ever, but we are only able to continue thanks to the generosity of people across the UK.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
“We are grateful to Tesco customers for their unwavering support over the years, which has and will continue to ensure that we can fight the corner of those who need us the most.”
As well as donating at the self-service checkout, customers can also donate via www.justgiving.com/campaign/tescodonate
Customers also have the opportunity to donate their Clubcard vouchers to the charities at www.tesco.com/zones/supporting-charities-and-communities
For more information, go to www.tescoplc.com/sustainability