Shame brought on the town
May I, on behalf of all decent residents of Budleigh Salterton, apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the protester at the planning meeting referring to the Longboat Cafe s proposal.
May I, on behalf of all decent residents of Budleigh Salterton, apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the protester at the planning meeting referring to the Longboat Cafe's proposal.
Becca Gliddon's report stated that the female campaigner shouted at Councillor Ray Franklin in a shocking way with reference to his illness.
It is a pity that the name of the verbal abuser was not given as she must be surely "Named and Shamed".
Her fellow protesters must know who she is and, I hope, feel deeply ashamed of her behaviour, which must bring their campaign into disrepute.
You may also want to watch:
Budleigh is a beautiful little town but, along with natural beauty, we pride ourselves on old-fashioned manners, democracy and care for our fellow neighbours.
This dreadful woman brought shame on our town, her family and herself.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer