Shame brought on the town
May I, on behalf of all decent residents of Budleigh Salterton, apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the protester at the planning meeting referring to the Longboat Cafe s proposal.
May I, on behalf of all decent residents of Budleigh Salterton, apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the protester at the planning meeting referring to the Longboat Cafe's proposal.
Becca Gliddon's report stated that the female campaigner shouted at Councillor Ray Franklin in a shocking way with reference to his illness.
It is a pity that the name of the verbal abuser was not given as she must be surely "Named and Shamed".
Her fellow protesters must know who she is and, I hope, feel deeply ashamed of her behaviour, which must bring their campaign into disrepute.
You may also want to watch:
Budleigh is a beautiful little town but, along with natural beauty, we pride ourselves on old-fashioned manners, democracy and care for our fellow neighbours.
This dreadful woman brought shame on our town, her family and herself.
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Repair cafe opens again
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Beacon of success: a tribute to the life and times of Spud Rowsell