Shame brought on the town
May I, on behalf of all decent residents of Budleigh Salterton, apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the protester at the planning meeting referring to the Longboat Cafe s proposal.
May I, on behalf of all decent residents of Budleigh Salterton, apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the protester at the planning meeting referring to the Longboat Cafe's proposal.
Becca Gliddon's report stated that the female campaigner shouted at Councillor Ray Franklin in a shocking way with reference to his illness.
It is a pity that the name of the verbal abuser was not given as she must be surely "Named and Shamed".
Her fellow protesters must know who she is and, I hope, feel deeply ashamed of her behaviour, which must bring their campaign into disrepute.
You may also want to watch:
Budleigh is a beautiful little town but, along with natural beauty, we pride ourselves on old-fashioned manners, democracy and care for our fellow neighbours.
This dreadful woman brought shame on our town, her family and herself.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 East Budleigh 'B' continue their unbeaten snooker start
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon