See the upside
Are the Exmouth objectors to a new supermarket on The Exe site stark raving mad? Are they so stupid as to not see the benefits this would bring to the town?
There would be a new swimming pool, new community centre and great competition to the existing supermarket.
But the greatest benefit of all would be in the number of new jobs created, which, over the course of a year, would amount to a considerable amount of money available to be spent in the local shops, which are at present in the doldrums.
And last, but not least, the rates collected by the council would be quite substantial. Get your heads out of the sand and see the upside.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 4 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 5 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 6 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 7 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 8 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 9 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 10 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach