Seaton Museum set to open for 25th season
Twenty five years ago, the committee of the Axe Valley Heritage Association first met to form a Museum in Seaton.
The late Roy Chapple was elected Chairman and Ted Gosling took on the task of Curator.
Thanks to a �4,000 grant from the Museum Council and �500 from the Seaton Lions, the group has, this winter, improved the displays, bringing them up to a high standard.
All newcomers to the town and local residents are invited to the opening ceremony and to go to your visitor centre “The Seaton Museum”.
It has so much to show you, from informative panels on the Jurassic Coast to all you want to know on the history of the area. It is free, but the association does need your support to improve visitor numbers.
You may also want to watch:
For friends in Axmouth, local girl June Richards, will be present to sign copies of her new book The Story of an Axmouth Girl.
The new chairman, Geoff Marshall, will be present to introduce Councillor Jim Knight to perform the opening ceremony on Wednesday, May 18, at 2pm.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 9 Tributes flow for man who helped reshape city
- 10 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way