Seagull problem: I’ll buy hawks
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope s remarks saying this is going to be expensive.
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope's remarks saying "this is going to be expensive. We could be looking at �3-4m".
If Cllr Cope could give me a month or so to knock up my town centre aviary and buy a Harris Hawk or two, I will fly one twice a day for just one million, saving the council a small fortune.
Meanwhile, I note the council resolved to "look at the issue in more detail". Sounds familiar. More thinking and no action. Now where have I seen that happen before?
You may also want to watch:
14 Bicton Place, Exmouth.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 5 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 10 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise