Seagull problem: I’ll buy hawks
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope s remarks saying this is going to be expensive.
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope's remarks saying "this is going to be expensive. We could be looking at �3-4m".
If Cllr Cope could give me a month or so to knock up my town centre aviary and buy a Harris Hawk or two, I will fly one twice a day for just one million, saving the council a small fortune.
Meanwhile, I note the council resolved to "look at the issue in more detail". Sounds familiar. More thinking and no action. Now where have I seen that happen before?
You may also want to watch:
14 Bicton Place, Exmouth.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 3 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 4 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 5 Vandals target vital equipment used by coastwatch team
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Serious injury abandons Exmouth v Brislington
- 8 Call for 370 more care workers in East Devon
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 St Peter's runner-up in Devon's best churchyard award