Seagull problem: I’ll buy hawks
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope s remarks saying this is going to be expensive.
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope's remarks saying "this is going to be expensive. We could be looking at �3-4m".
If Cllr Cope could give me a month or so to knock up my town centre aviary and buy a Harris Hawk or two, I will fly one twice a day for just one million, saving the council a small fortune.
Meanwhile, I note the council resolved to "look at the issue in more detail". Sounds familiar. More thinking and no action. Now where have I seen that happen before?
You may also want to watch:
14 Bicton Place, Exmouth.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 4 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 5 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 6 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 7 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 8 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 9 Budleigh Bowlers suffer in the sun
- 10 RBL seeks new Poppy Appeal organisers