Seagull problem: I’ll buy hawks
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope s remarks saying this is going to be expensive.
With reference to the community fund suggestion to beat seagulls (Exmouth Journal, July 9) and Cllr Cope's remarks saying "this is going to be expensive. We could be looking at �3-4m".
If Cllr Cope could give me a month or so to knock up my town centre aviary and buy a Harris Hawk or two, I will fly one twice a day for just one million, saving the council a small fortune.
Meanwhile, I note the council resolved to "look at the issue in more detail". Sounds familiar. More thinking and no action. Now where have I seen that happen before?
You may also want to watch:
14 Bicton Place, Exmouth.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown