Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- Credit: East Devon District Council
Work to turn a former temporary car park site on Exmouth seafront into a public space for fitness classes has now begun.
It comes following a recommendation by the Queen’s Drive Delivery Group to return the site to a public amenity space, complimenting other temporary uses until a new permanent use is agreed for the site.
The groundworks has begun to remove previous foundations and hardcore to allow the site to be grassed and it is hoped that this work will be complete before the Easter holidays.
Other works are also taking place will ensure that the central seating area is available ready for the planned opening on April 12.
New Replacement picnic benches of sustainable materials will then be brought in and two small hardstanding areas will be created to facilitate access to this seating by those with mobility challenges.
A new entrance to the events space is also being added to help with social distancing, with a one-way system once the site is fully open.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 5 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 6 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 7 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 8 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 9 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands