School uniform: supplier history
I would like to comment on your article Trek for school uniform which appeared on August 6.
I would like to comment on your article "Trek for school uniform" which appeared on August 6.
As the parent of a former pupil at the college, I wish to make the following points:
Our daughter started in 1988. The outfitters given were Cornish's, corner of North Street, Exeter, or Rolle Street, Exmouth, and Thomas Moore, Fore Street, Exeter.
In 1989, the sweatshirt was introduced. These had to be purchased from the ESA (Exmouth School Association) shop in school or Thomas Moore in Exeter.
You may also want to watch:
A letter from the college in 1992 informed us that, on checking with the school uniform suppliers, they could confirm that both Thomas Moore and Cornish's had good stocks of uniform at reasonable prices.
One other outfitter in Exmouth which supplied the uniform for a short period, which is no longer, was Griffs.
- 1 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 2 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 3 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 4 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 5 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 6 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
The present uniform was held in the school shop for a time, until circumstances changed.
It then went back to Exeter to be sold by Pinder and Tuckwell - five to six years ago.
During the above period, Baileys has never been mentioned as the Exmouth community College uniform supplier. Where they get the idea of being the uniform outfitter, I do not know.
I hope I have clarified some points with the information supplied.
7 The Hollows, Exmouth.