School uniform: supplier history
I would like to comment on your article Trek for school uniform which appeared on August 6.
I would like to comment on your article "Trek for school uniform" which appeared on August 6.
As the parent of a former pupil at the college, I wish to make the following points:
Our daughter started in 1988. The outfitters given were Cornish's, corner of North Street, Exeter, or Rolle Street, Exmouth, and Thomas Moore, Fore Street, Exeter.
In 1989, the sweatshirt was introduced. These had to be purchased from the ESA (Exmouth School Association) shop in school or Thomas Moore in Exeter.
You may also want to watch:
A letter from the college in 1992 informed us that, on checking with the school uniform suppliers, they could confirm that both Thomas Moore and Cornish's had good stocks of uniform at reasonable prices.
One other outfitter in Exmouth which supplied the uniform for a short period, which is no longer, was Griffs.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 3 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 4 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 7 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 10 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
The present uniform was held in the school shop for a time, until circumstances changed.
It then went back to Exeter to be sold by Pinder and Tuckwell - five to six years ago.
During the above period, Baileys has never been mentioned as the Exmouth community College uniform supplier. Where they get the idea of being the uniform outfitter, I do not know.
I hope I have clarified some points with the information supplied.
7 The Hollows, Exmouth.