Sams on market for �0.5 million
THE former Samantha s Nightclub in St Andrew s Road was put on the market this week for a cool �0.5 million.
THE former Samantha's Nightclub in St Andrew's Road was put on the market this week for a cool �0.5 million.
The first-floor property is being sold with the benefit of planning permission for conversion into 14 flats already rubberstamped.
Buyers will be able to convert the building, which began as the Regal Cinema, into eight two bedroom flats and six one bedroom flats with added cycle and refuse storage.
Following its incarnation as a cinema after the war the building was converted into the Regal Ballroom.
You may also want to watch:
From the 1960s to the 1980s, the property was owned by well-known businessman David Hancock.
It remained as a dance hall until the 1960s when it was converted again, this time into a ten pin bowling alley.
- 1 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 2 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
- 3 Mrs B marks 10 years with All Saints Pre-school
- 4 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 5 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 6 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 7 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 10 Rain ruins the cricketing weekend
In the mid-1970s the property was converted into a nightclub, Samantha's, which finally closed its doors last year.
And for the last 20 years has been in the ownership of Ben McCarthy and his family.
The sale is being handled by Malcolm Williams himself a resident of Exmouth for over 25 years.
He said: "I am sure that a lot of local people will have many happy memories of Samantha's over the years, either as a dance hall, bowling alley or nightclub.
"As the property is being converted rather than demolished, this well known local landmark will remain as part of the Exmouth scene."
The guide price for the property is �450,000 to �500,000 and all enquiries should be directed to email@example.com.