Extension plans for Lympstone restaurant get the green light
- Credit: Archant
A Lympstone restaurant will be able to offer more tables to its customers after a planning application it submitted earlier this year was approved.
The Saddlers Arms, in Exmouth Road, has won permission to build a 45sqm extension.
The scheme will allow the restaurant to offer 36 more covers, form a prep area located off the existing kitchen, and increase the number of customers loos.
A design and access statement for the plans said: “The proposed restaurant extension will provide a seamless link to the existing conservatory and garden area. It will be built where there is current an existing raised planting area.”
The restaurant said the extension will ‘ensure economic viability’ and meet demand from both local and visiting diners.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed prep area will be built in an area already utilised as a storage site for fridges and freezers.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 8 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls