Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- Credit: Retain Limited
A Devon-based roofing company has announced it is supporting the Royal Marines Charity (RMA) on an ‘ongoing basis’.
The partnership with Retain Limited will concentrate on the membership, and those members of the RMA who may not be able to attend events or trips due to financial constraints or other issues being able to integrate with the Corps Family once again.
The donation provided by Retain will allow the RMA to do more for its members to further enjoy the camaraderie and esprit de corps that they take pride in.
The RMA celebrates its 75th anniversary this year and marks the foundation of one of its predecessor organisations, the Royal Marines Association in 1946.
The RMA’s main purpose is to provide a better quality of life to serving and retired Royal Marines and their families - this converts into some 125,000 potential beneficiaries.
Richie Puttock, membership operations director (East), stated: "This wonderful donation from Retain Limited will offer the membership team a wide range of options when it comes to utilising the money from enhancing events for the benefit of those who attend to allowing those who may not be in a financial position to attend to do so.
“We will report back regularly to Retain on how and where the money is being spent and we are extremely grateful to them for their generosity and kindness and we look forward to working with them over the coming months.
- 1 Town centre improvements will go forward for funding bid
- 2 Man rescued in Lyme Bay after fishing boat 'sinks without trace'
- 3 Plans for new MP for Exmouth under discussion
- 4 Exmouth Harriers tackle the hills
- 5 Urgent clarity is needed on international travel
- 6 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 7 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 8 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 9 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 10 Pebblebeds will soon hear the nightjar's call
“We would like to thank Retain, and Jamie, for their support, it is wonderful to see our Corps family choosing to make donations to the RMA even after they have left service.”
Founder and director of Retain Limited, Jamie Gibbs, who served in The Royal Marines said: “This is a very proud day for myself and my company to support the Corp family and help raise the awareness of the fantastic work that the RMA do year in, year out.
“I know first-hand of the hard work and dedication that the RMA provide to the Royal Marines extended family and the work they perform really does make a difference.
“There is a cohesive sense of heritage and esprit de corps which is underpinned throughout the Royal Marines community.”