Royal Marines to train on Lympstone streets and more news
The Royal Marines are taking to the streets of Lympstone as part of a training exercise. Read this and more news.
BAZAAR: A Devon mental health charity is holding a fundraising bazaar.
The Headway Autumn Bazaar takes place at the Open Door Centre next Thursday, October 27, from 10.30am to 2.30pm.
Tea, coffee and homemade cakes will be available.
You may also want to watch:
MARINE EXERCISE: Royal Marines are taking to the streets of Lympstone next week as part of a training exercise.
They will be in the village from Monday, October 24, to Wednesday, October 26, and will be using a base at the Scout Hut in Cliff Field.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
During the exercise, the marines will be patrolling the village, dressed in combat gear, and dealing with a simulated traffic accident in Gibraltar Road, which will be closed on Tuesday between 10.30am and 12pm.
Anyone with questions or concerns should contact Major Alex Maclay on (01392) 414239, or (07787) 004300.
MUSEUM FAREWELL: Exmouth Museum is marking its last day’s opening for the year with a coffee morning.
It takes place on October 29 at 10.30, and as well as coffee being served a table top sale and raffle will also be held.
The museum will also be open to explore for the last time this year