Round-up of Exeter news
FLIGHTS from Exeter Airport operator Flybe remain cancelled because of the continuing threat of ash cloud from a volcano in Iceland. As the Journal went to press yesterday, April 21, the flight operator said it had cancelled all flights due to operate and
FLIGHTS from Exeter Airport operator Flybe remain cancelled because of the continuing threat of ash cloud from a volcano in Iceland.
As the Journal went to press yesterday, April 21, the flight operator said it had cancelled all flights due to operate and that passengers due to fly should not go to the airport.
The Devon and Cornwall Business Council has estimated the region's economy lost at least �8m last week alone.
Forecasters believe the ash cloud could remain over the UK for quite a while longer.
EXETER City striker Adam Stansfield has undergone a life-saving operation in his battle against bowel cancer.
Known as Stanno to supporters, the 31-year-old Grecians frontman underwent surgery to remove the cancer last week.
- 1 Bathing banned at Exmouth and Budleigh due to pollution
- 2 CANCELLED - McFly's Exmouth concert called off
- 3 Exe Estuary cleared of ‘navigational obstructions’ by harbour patrol team
- 4 Multi agency rescue on Exmouth seafront
- 5 Exmouth singer Ruby 'has world class talent'
- 6 Littleham group's success after £5k council grant
- 7 Exmouth RNLI save speedboat sinking on the River Exe
- 8 Exmouth firefighters save cow from ditch
- 9 'He's done it again' - Budleigh cyclist raises £1,400 for ELF by riding across Spain
The club's sporting director said the operation was successful.
Thousands of fans have added their messages of goodwill and support on Internet forums and Facebook sites. Family and friends were at his bedside as he recovered from the operation.
A MAJOR study is being carried out into the best options for the traffic system for the redeveloped Exeter Bus Station.
The �100,000 research project is a joint venture between Devon County Council and Exeter City Council. It is due to be completed by December.
A POPULAR Exeter nightspot has reopened.
The Quayside, a bar and eatery on Exeter Quay, has opened its doors under new ownership. The venue has been closed for several months.
PLANS to revamp a busy Exeter shopping centre have started to take shape.
In February, Exeter City Council held a second public consultation on what could be done to spruce up Cowick Street in St Thomas.
Five hundred people gave their thoughts on the revamp and now final proposals are being put together.
There will be a final public consultation later this year, probably in September, and work is expected to begin on the improvements in late spring or early summer next year.