Rotary walk next month
WALKERS are being invited to once again take part in The Rotary Club of Exmouth s annual charity Walk or Ride.
WALKERS are being invited to once again take part in The Rotary Club of Exmouth's annual charity Walk or Ride.
The event aims to raise money for charity - half going to the participants chosen charity or club with the other half to support charitable causes identified by the Rotary Club.
The 2007 walk took place on one of the wettest days of the year, while the 2008 walk took place on the hottest - but despite the extreme conditions an intrepid band of 66 walkers and four cyclists gallantly toiled to do their utmost to help the charities of their choice and raised well over �3000 for good causes.
The three walks of five, eight and 12 miles and the 14 mile cycle route starts and finishes at Bicton Arena and a return through Bicton Gardens - courtesy of the Lister family.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of the Rotary Walk Committee Keith Turner said: "It was decided by our members, that 100 per cent of the sponsorship money raised should go to the cause nominated by the walker and should be augmented from money raised for the Club's Charity Fund.
"It is hoped that such distribution will be repeated this year and we look forward to more participants this year."
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 4 Sports-related projects set for £300,000 developer cash boost
- 5 'Use any quotation you like, there is a huge problem' - Anthony Bernard
- 6 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 7 Reverend Steve Jones - Finding a Quiet Space
- 8 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 9 Budleigh football facing a moral dilemma
- 10 Lets use money from cancelled holidays to help those in need - Anthony Bernard
In 2008 12 charities benefited, Cancer Research UK � 200, Clic Sargent � 250, Bible Society � 100, Children's Hospice SW � 200, Devon Wildlife Trust �50, Wooden Spoon � 500, FORCE �400, Direct �50, Devon Sheltered Homes Trust �300, ELF �100, Aquabox �50 and Budleigh Salterton Carnival Club � 460.
The walk is on Sunday May 10, between 8.30am and 1pm.