Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- Credit: Sue Francis
Exmouth’s two Rotary clubs have come together in a bid to provide school children with laptops and tablets for their education.
The Rotarians are appealing to businesses and individuals in the Exmouth area for laptop computers or tablets which are less than five years old to be donated to needy children for home learning.
Donations of money to purchase much-needed computers are also welcomed.
The Rotarians can collect items and deliver to the children who need them.
The clubs have skilled ‘wizards’ who are able to update the computers/tablets.
A spokesman for both Rotary clubs said: “We appreciate there are similar schemes throughout Devon but this Appeal is for the needy children of Exmouth and district and extremely worthwhile at this time.
“Please help if you can. The joint Rotary Club of Exmouth thank you all for your continued support.”
- 1 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 2 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 3 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 4 Environmental issues a hot topic in Local Plan consultation
- 5 Exmouth pharmacy offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments to those in priority groups
- 6 Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- 7 Redwood trees are 'fantastic news for Torbay's Naturally Inspiring environment'
- 8 Banned customer jailed for 'sucker punch' attack on innocent pub diner
- 9 Speed limit trial will pave the way for safer Devon roads
- 10 Business employment charity needs helping boost to continue
Anyone able to help should ring Rotarian David Gingell on 01395 278448