Rolle fields sale: is it too late?
I?HAVE read the report in the Journal (Thursday, August 27) about Rolle fields for houses? I am puzzled about the action that is being taken.
I?HAVE read the report in the Journal (Thursday, August 27) about "Rolle fields for houses?"
I am puzzled about the action that is being taken. We already have schools that do not have enough room for existing pupils and we have a town that is expanding rapidly, so do we really need more dwellings, which will increase the population of Exmouth and no doubt put more pressure on our schools?
The other puzzling thing in the report, is that it would appear action has taken place to sell the site to developers before the feasibility study has been completed or reported.
These actions do not seem to be democratic or sensible.
Is it too late for action to be taken to stop developers proceeding and for futher consideration and discussion to take place, leading to a more common sense decision?
- 1 New look Co-op store for East Devon town
- 2 Seven rescue animals in Devon needing new forever homes
- 3 Remembering a teaching 'legend' who changed thousands of lives
- 4 Royal Marine recruits trial new technology to combat heat exhaustion
- 5 Topsham celebrates with switch-on spectacular
- 6 Decisions on future of our seafront must include a voice for all
- 7 Leisure centre team offers support for refugees in Exmouth
- 8 Perfect storm has created a housing crisis that needs fixing
- 9 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in Devon?