Rolle College is no laughing matter
Devon County Council leader Councillor John Hart has ignored material evidence which demonstrates his council s negative attitude towards the people of Exmouth before Christmas. This attitude indicates that the council should re-think the decisions it ma
Devon County Council leader Councillor John Hart has ignored material evidence which demonstrates his council's negative attitude towards the people of Exmouth before Christmas.
This attitude indicates that the council should re-think the decisions it made regarding Rolle College during this period.
The webcast of the last full Devon County Council meeting shows Cllr Hart speaking about Rolle College.
He then wishes Exmouth a Happy Christmas and some of his colleagues laugh.
You may also want to watch:
This brief but clear gesture reflects the council's negative attitude toward the people of Exmouth.
With this in mind, it is difficult to accept that the council deliberated on the issue of Rolle College in a balanced and fair manner. I think it, therefore, appropriate that the council revisit the issue of Rolle College and reach a more reasoned conclusion.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 4 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
The purchase of part of Rolle College to provide extra accommodation for Exmouth Community College is not a matter for party politics. It has cross party and cross community group support.
I wrote privately to Cllr Hart several weeks ago asking that he review the webcast, reflect on the attitude it demonstrates and, together with colleagues, revisit the issue of Rolle College.
I received a prompt and courteous reply indicating that he would look at the webcast. Several days ago, Cllr. Hart contacted me again to say that he could hear no laughter.
The webcast can be found on the Devon County Council website. I asked that Cllr Hart provide me with means to place the relevant section of the webcast on You Tube so that the people of Exmouth can view the incident without having to install RealPlayer or navigate through the Devon County Council website. I have received no response.
Prospective Labour Party MP for East Devon.