RNLI shop to lead campaign
Exmouth’s RNLI shop has been chosen to head a campaign to increase the organisation’s membership.
The RNLI shop in the Exmouth Lifeboat Station, in Queens Drive, is one of 12 nationwide to spearhead a drive for membership from shoppers.
As an incentive for joining up at the till, shoppers will be given a �5 discount on shop merchandise when purchased with membership.
Individual membership costs �28 per year and members get the magazine, the Lifeboat every three months.
Emma Tarling, an RNLI spokesman, said: “As a member of the RNLI, it means you will be joining the many thousands of people whose support ensures that the charity continues to be able to save lives at sea.”
You may also want to watch:
You can pick up a leaflet or ask volunteers about the scheme at the Exmouth shop.
The summer opening hours are 10am to 5pm.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 New meeting place needed for nattering knitters
- 4 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 7 Fantastic fight night return for local boxing
- 8 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 9 Century celebrations ahead for wartime evacuee Joan
- 10 GP teams have seen 14% increase on pre-pandemic levels